Monday, April 20, 2020

Delete or Update?

Today I spent some time going back and reading some of the old posts in the How-To blog I was working on 7 or 8 years ago. In reading, I was rather embarrassed with the negative language I used to use and the fact that I included it in my blog. Those were some really dark times for me back then and when I got home from work I was considering deleting the whole thing. As I logged in and went to the "delete" option of the admin panel, I paused and stopped, then looked at the number of views on the posts I had gotten.


Rather than scrub the entire thing, maybe it would be worth it to just clean up those old posts and keep them around for posterity sake? I hadn't written any new posts for years but then I think about my son and how it might be interesting for him to be able to read some of those old posts. Either way, it's probably a good idea to clean them up since I've created a backup of them all already and who knows? I may end up adding to it sometime in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment